It’s the question every job interviewer asks, and not all interviewees know how to answer: “Do you have any questions for us?”
If you’re the type of person who breaks out a sheet of paper with serious questions, kudos to you. You’ve done your research and you realize that not only is the company interviewing you, but you are also interviewing the company.
But if you typically have a list of standard questions and they were answered already during your interview, then you were not fully prepared.
We’re going to share a little job interview secret with you: they want you to ask them questions.
Here are some questions that you might want to consider asking at your next job interview:
- “What is your favorite and least favorite thing about working here?”
- “What are the biggest challenges for the person who accepts this position?”
- “How are successes in this position measured?”
- “What direction is the company headed and what are their top priorities over the next few years?”
- “How do employees grow in this company?”
- “How and when is feedback given to employees?”
Remember to pay attention to how you phrase things. Hiring managers are pros at looking for hidden meanings. And don’t ask questions that were answered either in the job description or during the interview already; that just shows that you weren’t paying attention.
Also remember there is always a professional staffing company willing to help you during your job search. If you’re located in Dallas-Fort Worth and are in the IT industry, check out Maxsys Solutions.