Maxsys Solutions is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer for a full-time position in Arlington, TX! We are working with an extremely innovative company that is constantly raising the bar within their industry and has been recognized several times for their products/services within the last few years. They need to hire an experienced Systems Engineer III who’s specialized in the Linux stack along with Windows. This role will focus on the support of critical services, with an emphasis on becoming a SME on more than one area. This is a great time to join a company that promotes a great work environment, all while working with great technologies. They offer great benefits and 401k.
- Focus on sustainability and improvement of processes, including environment architecture/re-architecture along with task automation to improve process efficiency and basic project management tasks)
- Contribute to the development of RFPs/SOWs and participate in the vendor selection process
- Become familiar with all compliance, regulatory and security requirements adhering to all corporate policies and standards
- Mentor Jr Engineers, document managed environments, maintain evening/weekend deployments & maintain ticketing queues
- Responsible for audit and compliance remediation, balance multiple projects across more than one team and escalate issue for after-hours production issues
- Collaborate with external/internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the artifacts, when needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other related field
- 5+ years in a Linux Systems role
- Hans-on experience with Linux Server platform support
- Advanced troubleshooting at the O/S, application & web services tiers
- Advanced Windows operating system and applications support
- Experience with code deployments: IIS 7.x/8x, Apache, Tibco BusinessWorks and general JVM code updates
- Knowledge of public cloud platforms, services, functions and processes
- Possess excellent communication & organizational skills
No 3rd party vendors or agencies at this time. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. You may apply for this position online or by sending an email to Krista@maxsyssolutions.com. Maxsys Solutions, a Yoh Services Company, is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers.