Maxsys Solutions is seeking a full-time SQL Report Writer in Hyattsville, Maryland with an extremely innovative company that is constantly raising the bar within the transportation industry. The SQL Report Writer is responsible for the creation and maintenance of standardized/custom reports, stored procedures and ad hoc queries in T-SQL. The reports range from simple queries to complex procedures which manipulate datasets. In addition to the reports, this SQL Report Writer will perform database administration duties and assist in diagnosing database related performance issues. Our client is moving towards an enterprise solution environment so candidates coming from that space is preferred! This role will be interacting with internal customers; therefore, strong communication skills (both oral and written) are important!
- T-SQL, Stored procedures, complex queries, SSRS, Crystal Reports, Microsoft Server Management Studio
- Work closely with internal customers to develop reporting procedures, understand their reporting needs and present them with various reporting options
- Enhance and maintain standardized and custom reports which includes revisions and updates to report documentation
- Develop and prepare standardized/custom reports for internal staff and Management to support the business goals of the company
- Develop custom reports and procedures in T-SQL
- Develop a data dictionary for Trapeze database; understand how the data relates to applicable fields within the application suite
- Responsible for the accuracy of reports (based on knowledge of data and specified requirements)
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, MIS or related field
- 5+ years’ experience working with T-SQL, writing stored procedures & complex queries
- 2+ years’ experience in a SQL Report Writer role
- Prior experience with Crystal Reports and SSRS is preferred
- Prior experience with database administration and performance analysis
- Must have strong analytical skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Must have excellent communication skills (both verbally and written)
No 3rd party vendors or agencies at this time. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.
You may apply for this position online or by sending an email to Krista@maxsyssolutions.com. Maxsys Solutions is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers.