Maxsys Solutions is currently searching for a 3 month Contract to Hire Senior Oracle DBA to join a Fortune 500 company in Dallas! Our client is well recognized for their professional services and dynamic work environment and is a known and proven leader within the real estate industry! This Oracle DBA will be responsible for coordinating changes to the computer databases as well as code, test and implement physical databases. The Senior DBA will ensure compliance with company and regulatory policies as well as deliver on-call support for crucial database applications. This Oracle DBA will be working closely with the Development Team to test applications and implement changes into production. Because of their fast paced environment, there must be a proven ability to meet tight deadlines with energy, enthusiasm and a strong work ethic! Our client offers extremely aggressive salaries + bonus + great benefits + excellent PTO program!
Top Skill Requirements:
- Oracle DBA will set up and configure databases according to internally documented requirements
- Perform capacity monitoring and short/long-term capacity planning in collaboration with the Development Team as well as System administrators and Architects
- Must have experience with installation, configuration and patching of Oracle server software
- Must have at least 5-7 years’ experience with hands-on database administration, database design and production support
- Will create written reports of findings and make any necessary recommendations on performance analysis, feasibility studies and proof of concept evaluations
- PeopleSoft environment and portal is preferred
- Experience in a UNIX environment; Oracle RAC on Red Hat Linux
- Oracle database performance and tuning
- UNIX shell scripting required
- Disaster recovery processes and procedures
- Must have a strong Oracle DBA background along with production support
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Excellent communication and conceptual skills required
- Must have a strong work ethic
If you are looking for a long-time opportunity in a fast paced working environment with multiple projects going on at once and you love to 'problem solve,' we'd like to hear from you. Again, our client offers aggressive salaries + bonus + great benefits + excellent PTO program!
No 3rd party vendors or agencies at this time. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. You may apply for this position online or email your resume to Krista@maxsyssolutions.com. Maxsys Solutions, a Yoh company, is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers.