Maxsys Solutions is seeking a mid-level IT Security Engineer for a permanent opportunity in Irving, TX with a company that’s considered a leading retailer of financial services. This hands-on Security Engineer will join their Information Security Group where he/she will work with experienced Security folks that are responsible for improving the company’s information security operations. This group works closely with business management and responsible for enforcing Security and IT policies and leads investigations on possible security compromises as their network & applications handle millions of transactions a year in their 1,000+ national stores. You’ll update, manage and implement IT security tools, devices and applications. Their environment is a casual work place and they offer healthcare benefits and flexible work hours.
· IT Security, Cisco ASA firewalls, IronPort, TippingPoint, Symantec Endpoint Protection, Dell SecureWorks
· Provide expertise over solutions applicable to security policies and best practices
· Provide hands-on support for a wide range of security technologies (IDS/IPS, HIDS, SIEM, malware analysis and protection, content filtering, identity and access management, data loss prevention and firewalls
· Plan, implement and manage data security related tools and projects alone, or with operations and data intelligence teams (when needed)
· Perform security vulnerability management, scanning and reporting; provide support to the Infrastructure and Security teams in regards vulnerability
· Work closely with business management and will enforce Security and IT policies
· Update, manage and implement company IT security projects, tools, devices and applications
· Perform weekly/monthly reporting tasks on events, incidents, malware and patching
· Lead investigations over possible security incidents
· Responsible for executing multiple tasks in order to improve information security operations
· Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science or MIS
· 4+ years’ experience with hands-on information security
· 2+ years’ experience with Cisco IronPort, TippingPoint tools, Symantec Endpoint Protection, Dell SecureWorks
· Experience within the e-Commerce & Finance space is preferred
· Must have a strategic mind-set and a technical self-starter for this team!
· Excellent communication and problem solving skills
No 3rd party vendors or agencies at this time. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. You may apply directly to this position online or you can send an email to Krista@maxsyssolutions.com. Maxsys Solutions is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers.