Maxsys Solutions is currently seeking a Network Engineer for an immediate consulting opportunity in Plano, TX (W2) with a global/enterprise leader in the technology & automotive space. In this role, you will be responsible for technical specification evaluations and recommendations and network designs for the enterprise’s networks. This includes all areas of enterprise wide connectivity, LAN/WAN and Data Center Architecture; includes system configuration, troubleshooting, security and resource monitoring. Communication skills are extremely important in this role as you will be interacting with multiple teams. This is an immediate 3 month contract that has the possibility to get extended.
- Cisco network technologies, VoIP, LAN/WAN, data center architecture, QoS, BGP, OSPF, STP, RSTP
- Work closely with IT Management in designing and building the enterprise’s computing networks (this includes data centers, LAN/WAN and value added components)
- Analyze and evaluate technical requirements for the integration of enterprise wide Network resources. Interface with Business Users and develop standards based solutions to meet business demands for LAN, Data Center and other platforms
- Support planning and installation of computer equipment and networks
- Makes recommendations on changes in hardware and network configuration to improve service deliveries
- Troubleshoot and coordinate fixes to LAN/Data Center Wireless related issues
- Supports company-wide communication and network solutions; multitask in a high pressured environment and provide extensive troubleshooting knowledge in routing and switching
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/MIS or related field preferred
- Current Cisco Professional Certification (CCNP – Routing and Switching or CCDP)
- 4+ years’ experience in a Network Engineer role supporting large and complex multi-site environments
- 4+ years’ experience in data center architecture and network design
- 4+ years’ experience designing, installing and maintaining LAN/WAN hardware and software technologies
- Extensive knowledge of Cisco Networking technologies (Nexus Switches, NXOS, Nexus 2000, 3000, 5000, 6000, 7000 & 9000 series)
- Knowledge of Cisco Wireless networking technologies (Nexus switches, ASR and ISR routers)
- Solid understanding of Cisco implementations of QoS (DSCP and COS)
- Excellent communication and conceptual skills required
- Be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
No 3rd party vendors or agencies at this time. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. You may apply for this position online or email your resume to Krista@maxsyssolutions.com.
Maxsys Solutions, a Yoh company, is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers.