Maxsys Solutions is currently seeking a 6 month Manual QA Tester (W2) for an opportunity in downtown Dallas (local candidates only), with the chance to get extended. Our client has been awarded multiple designations over the past few years (i.e. named as one of the fastest-growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine and for 3 consecutive years and ranked as one of the top 100 places to work). This Manual QA Tester must have a minimum of 4+ years’ experience with Manual testing, Selenium, Java Scripting, SOAP UI and SQL (writing different type of joins, updates, delete statements, etc.). Any experience with automation is a plus as they are slowly introducing automation. Our client uses SQL to retrieve, manipulate, and create test data, to monitor back-end processes, to execute stored procedures and to troubleshoot issues. This is a client facing position within an Agile environment so communication is key. Again, this is a 6 month contract that has the possibility to get extended.
- Manual Testing, Selenium, Java Scripting, Microsoft SQL, Joins, Updates, Web APIs, Automation experience is preferred
- Query and trouble-shoot back-end processes
- Manipulate data in big databases using SQL (write different type of joins, updates, delete statements)
- Write scripts using Selenium and Java Scripting
- Must have a strong SQL background to retrieve, create and manipulate their test data; will design Test strategies
- Responsible for enhancements to existing applications and production support items (applications tested (existing and new) are web based applications that are accessed by customers and call center)
- Strong SQL skills – must have the ability to retrieve, create, and manipulate their test data, can design a Test strategy, understand the technical flow and pieces of a process, and know how to troubleshoot
- Must have experience with tools like SOAP UI to test web services and must know how to put together a flat file with transactions
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science or equivalent
- Must have excellent communication and analytical skills
This Manual Tester must have excellent communication skills and enjoy working in a fast paced environment. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY; must be authorized to work in the United States.