Maxsys Solutions is seeking a Manual QA Tester (W2) for a contract to hire opportunity in Dallas, TX. Our client has been awarded multiple designations over the past few years (i.e. named as one of the fastest-growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine and for 3 consecutive years ranked as one of the top 100 places to work). Must have a minimum of 4+ years’ experience in a Manual Tester role with strong SQL skills and able to build test cases from scratch. Any experience with automation is a plus as they are slowly introducing automation. This is a client facing position within an Agile environment so communication is key. This is a CTH role.
- Manual Testing, Microsoft SQL Server, RDBMS concepts, SQL language (simple Select statements, understanding of table structures), SDLC, Agile, knowledge of Automation testing is preferred
- Actively participate in team planning exercises and thoroughly analyze business requirements, acceptance criteria and technical design documents ensuring all required information is complete
- Must have a strong SQL background to retrieve, create and manipulate their test data; will design/build test case from scratch and modify existing ones as well
- Query and trouble-shoot back-end processes
- Work closely with others in effectively communicating business requirements as well as facilitating UAT, discussing Test Plans/Cases and addressing any challenges
- Determine a sufficient level of test scenarios (includes positive, negative, boundary & edge cases)
- Participate in all levels of testing (includes feature, system integration, regression, UAT & post production verification)
- Produce Minor Feature Test Plan documents and relevant components (LOE, feature/regression level test planning & UAT/post-prod level test planning) for review
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science or equivalent
- 4+ years’ experience in a Manual Tester role
- Must have a solid understanding of how industry standard Project Management concepts (SDLC, Agile, time estimation) are implemented with the client
- Must have excellent communication and analytical skills
No 3rd party vendors or agencies at this time. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.
You may apply for this position online or by sending an email to Krista@maxsyssolutions.com. Maxsys Solutions is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers.