Maxsys Solutions is seeking a Disaster Recovery/Incident Response Coordinator for a leading retail company of financial services in Irving, TX. You will be responsible for leading all Disaster Recovery and Incident Management while performing risk, compliance and governance responsibilities associated with the IT’s business continuity, disaster recovery and incident response process. We are looking for someone who has an energetic proactive approach to business and enjoys working in a fast-moving IT organization. This is a full-time opportunity that will interact with multiple teams across the company’s IT division; therefore, communication skills are important. Their environment is a casual work place and they offer healthcare benefits and flexible work hours.
· Coordinate the development, review and update of the disaster recovery plan (includes documentation for DR governance, procedures to maintain continuous DR technical readiness and run books for fail-over and return-to-normal in event of a disruption)
· Perform risk, compliance and governance responsibilities associated with IT’s business continuity, disaster recovery and incident response process; ensure that IT is capable of preventing/responding to events that disrupt business and/or technical operations
· Coordinate planning, validation activities, documentation, process monitoring and ongoing process maintenance; performs project management/technical delivery of the DR solution
· Be able to identify critical aspects of operations (business functions, technology systems and vendors)
· Monitor the IT Change Management process and DR technology maintenance processes to help ensure that DR capabilities are in a continuous state of readiness; plan and coordinate exercises and live testing of fail-over/return-to-normal capabilities
· Conduct annual reviews of the business units’ IT needs for their business continuity plans; provide guidance on the continuity-of-operations methodology to help ensure the business impact analysis, disaster recovery plans and business continuity plans
- Participate in an on-call 24×7 rotation schedule during a DR or IR event
· Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science or MIS
· Certifications are preferred (CBCP, EDRP and CDRE)
· 5+ years’ experience in network planning, network evolution, enterprise network architecture, capacity planning, strategic planning and deployment
· Prior experience with system testing processes to identify and close gaps in technical design for hardware and software (including Disaster Recovery testing)
· Prior experience in backup technologies and processes
· Prior background as a DR Coordinator or Incident Coordinator
· Experience working with and supporting 150+ retail locations is preferred
· Experience within the e-Commerce & Finance space is preferred
· Must have a strategic mind-set and a technical self-starter for this team!
· Excellent communication and problem solving skills
No 3rd party vendors or agencies at this time. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. You may apply directly to this position online or you can send an email to Krista@maxsyssolutions.com. Maxsys Solutions is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers.