Maxsys Solutions is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer for a contract to hire opportunity in Grapevine, TX. Our client is an extremely innovative company that is constantly raising the bar within their industry and has been recognized several times for their products/services over the last several years. Their DevOps Engineers are extremely innovated and considered Infrastructure ‘problem solvers.’ In this role, you will be on the front line of taking an enterprise-driven company and moving to the cloud (Azure). The ideal candidate will have 5+ years’ experience doing Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) with Puppet, Jenkins, Bamboo and Python. Must have prior experience in moving clients to the cloud utilizing Azure (preferred) or AWS.
Our client truly values their employees and provides many benefit including: fantastic healthcare options, FSA, 401k, assistance with Education reimbursement and a wellness program!
- DevOps, Continuous Integration/Continues Delivery Pipeline (Jenkins), Configuration Management (Puppet), PowerShell, Azure or AWS, Linux/Unix, TDD, Nexus or Artifactory, SQL and MySQL, NoSQL DB (Mongo), Visio or LucidChart, backlog tracking and burndown metrics
- Responsible for CI/CD process implementations using Jenkins
- Assist in automating and streamlining client’s operations and processes
- Work closely with the Software Engineering team to deploy and operate systems
- Utilize a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (Azure or AWS)
- Provide cloud and modern development approaches which require CI/CD and Monitoring
- Assist in modernizing client’s code development & deployment strategy in the cloud; make suggestions and research new best practices; document the accepted ideas
- Assist in managing and maintaining client’s new Cloud applications; monitor client’s source code built in the cloud
- Migrate data between environments for Developers and Users to test the applications
- Deployment and troubleshooting of enterprise level applications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- Azure or AWS Ops Certification is preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in a DevOps role
- 3+ years’ experience moving clients to the Cloud (Azure or AWS)
- Must possess expert skills in CI/CD and Continuous Testing
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Puppet or Chef and Ansible, and deploying to various environments
- Prior experience in locking down and securing environments such as Firewalls, WAFs, DDOS, Bastions, NAT Gateways, IPSECs and VPNs
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Experience working with the Atlassian tool suite (including: Jira, Confluence and HipChat)
- Familiar with load testing tools, vulnerability and penetration prevention tools
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Prior experience with Microservices using Docker
- Experience with NoSQL DB (such as Mongo)
- Must have excellent communication skills and be a ‘self-starter’
Looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer that wants to make a difference in his/her work; this team interacts with both internal and external teams across the company’s IT division.
No 3rd party vendors or agencies at this time. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. You may apply to this position online or by emailing Krista@maxsyssolutions.com. Maxsys Solutions is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers.