If you’re not happy with your current position, there are plenty of opportunities out there for you (and a professional staffing agency can help you find them). But have you ever thought about looking within your own company?
The fact is that companies prefer to hire within, so you may have a better chance of a promotion rather than leaving altogether.
Here are a few tips we found to help you get a promotion from the personal finance YouTube channel, Mike and Lauren:
- Realize that you’re not actually paid for your time, you’re paid for your value. An employer hopes that you will make the company more than your salary (whether it’s an hourly wage, or salaried one).
- You will make more money if you create more value. You can do this by gaining more valuable skills or following these simple phases:
- Prove you’re responsible – it’s as simple as arriving on time, always be working and maintaining a good relationship with your boss and co-workers.
- Become a silent influencer – do a great job, but don’t boast about it. Silent influencers “raise themselves up by bringing everyone else up with them”.
- Become invaluable – this is when you’ve worked so hard that you’ve grown beyond your current role and salary. This is the point where you ask for a promotion.
And if all else fails, a professional staffing agency can be a great resource to find a new position in another company. If you live in Dallas-Fort Worth and are looking for an IT position, contact Maxsys Solutions today.