Anyone who has ever sat in the interview chair has questioned whether it’s going well or they are completely blowing it. And it’s not always easy. I once finished an interview 100% confident that I was getting the job, or at the very least a second interview. A week later, I received the “we’re sorry…” letter.
So how do you really know how well your interview is going? Here are some positive scenarios:
- You are asked to speak with other key company figures that you were not previously told about.
- You are given a tour of the company’s offices and are introduced to other employees. Bonus if they show you your potential office.
- The interviewer seems very interested in knowing when you are available to start.
- You find yourself in the middle of a personal conversation and it’s going well. It starts to feel like you’re speaking with a pal. Bonus if you’re both laughing.
- The interview went long and the conversation flowed.
- You were told exactly when you’ll hear back from them. “I’ll be in touch soon” is vague, but if he says “I’ll get back to you in the next two days”, that’s a good sign.
Need more interview tips? Contact one of our professional representatives at Maxsys Solutions to learn how you can ace your next interview.