Telecommuting – or working from home – is very popular these days. Companies are realizing that it is more cost efficient to allow professionals to work from home, especially in fields like healthcare, computer and IT. It also prevents any geographical burden from their hiring process.
If you have never worked from your home, you may worry about how it will affect your productivity. Well, we found some tricks to help you become a proficient telecommuter:
- Find free Wi-Fi. Working from home doesn’t necessarily mean that you always have to work within the four walls of your home. Use apps such asWork+or Coverage? to find free Wi-Fi and how far you can be from it while still being connected.
- Schedule breaks. Taking breaks can increase productivity, so you want to make sure to get a few in during the course of the day. However, since you are home, be careful not to get too distracted. Don’t turn on that TV!
- Rise and shine early. Studies show that many people are more productive in the morning as soon as they wake up. If that’s you, schedule a large chunk of your work before lunch. You can shower later.
- Be comfortable. Set up your home office exactly as you like it (remember there is aHome Office Deduction). Play some music and light a candle if that’s your thing. These are the perks from working at home.
- Keep to your schedule. If you worked in an office and would leave at 6pm, then leave your home office at 6pm. Of course occasionally you may work later, but remember to take care of yourself to be a better employee.
Whether you’re looking for a telecommuting job or an office position, Maxsys Solutionscan help you. Call us today.