Waiting in the reception area for an interview is an extremely nerve-raking experience. You never know how long you’re going to be there and it’s not exactly an appropriate time to catch up on your reading or return a few phone calls. So why not do something to make the best of it?
Lifehacker recently suggested that interview candidates Ask the Receptionist These Questions While Waiting for a Job Interview. It’s a great idea to get some insider information on the company from the one person who sees everything that goes in the office.
Here are some questions you may want to ask the receptionist:
– Is everyone normally this (busy, quiet, friendly, professional), or is something special going on today?
– Do people who work here like to get together socially?
– How busy is the switchboard on a typical day?
– Are the bosses usually in the office or are they often on the road?
– How would you describe the office culture?
– What do you like best about working here?
For any other questions you may have or for all of your professional staffing needs, contact Maxsys Solutions in Dallas-Fort Worth.